Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Crow and the Puppy


So, I arrived to breakfast this morning, hadn't even opened my napkin when Donna said conversationally,
"Katey, don't go outside today".
Ok...
"Why?", I asked, expecting a comment about sunburn.
"The Crow" she said.
Ok...
"What crow?" I asked, knowing that this would be strange.
"There is a crow in the almond tree, attacking anyone who goes into the courtyard".
Ok...
"Yeah, he sort of landed on Atuls head and pecked him on the head this morning, and then he got me when I came out and did the same thing"
Right.
Later in the day, I came down the stairs to find Aruna, running through reception, holding her head, her hair in disarray. Clearly the angry bird was still at large.
One of the men set off across the courtyard, and we could see the bird going for him too!
We shouted to look out and he dodged the now furious crow. Then the dogs arrived to chase him back into his tree.
He was there all day, attacking very surprised people.
I really hope he is less angry tomorrow.

Oh the puppy! Its another story, about a poor wet cold hungry puppy. Awwww.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I'm very fond of animals but to a crow that purposedly harrasses and hurts people I wouldn't think twice about shooting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We suspect there is a baby crow in the area.

    ReplyDelete